Fine Art & Boudoir Photography
As a boudoir photographer in Los Angeles, I've developed a highly recognizable style focusing primarily on fine art nude photography.
I use the contrasting nature of light and dark (chiaroscuro) to accentuate the positive in every subject—regardless of height, weight, gender, or body shape.
My standard portrait photography pricing applies for fine art nude photography. However, unlike my typical portraiture, all of the fine art nude photographs that I provide will be black and white images.
GQ Magazine Photo Editor Jolanta Alberty recently flattered me by stating that my fine art nude photography "brings a level of sophistication to the erotic." I loved her observation as I feel it described my boudoir work perfectly.
If you're nervous about appearing in nude photography, implied nude photographs, or photos featuring you form while wearing lingerie, that's totally natural and expected. But I promise that after just a few minutes in front of the camera all of those feelings will fade away. In fact, my subjects frequently mention that I have an uncanny knack for setting their minds at ease during these empowering portrait sessions. I'll do that for you too.
To help you better understand my process, I've assembled several frequently asked questions about my fine art commissions. If you have any additional questions that I've not addressed here, please send me an e-mail or give me a call. I'd love to speak to you further!
Getting Ready for Your Fine Art Nude Photography Session
There are many factors to consider when you're getting ready for your fine art nude or implied nude photography session. Here I've listed a few details you might wish to review. If you follow these simple tips, you'll present yourself in the best possible light in the nude photographs we capture. Remember, this information is intended to serve as a helpful guideline and shouldn't be considered requirements.
- You should pay particular attention to facial and body hair. Even if your facial or body hair is masked by makeup, it can still appear in your photographs. Personally, I don't think you should worry overmuch about this particular consideration if you want to appear wholly natural in these photos. The rule of thumb here is to simply take whatever grooming steps you think are necessary in order to make you the most comfortable both during your session and how you will appear in your nude photographs.
- It's essential that your skin be free of unnatural indentations during our session. To help ensure we avoid this common problem, when you travel to my home studio, please consider wearing loose fitting clothing that won't constrict your body (think warm ups). Additionally, I'd strongly recommend against wearing undergarments or jewelry as they can often be more constrictive than outer clothing and will cause skin indentations that will appear in the product of my fine art nude photography.
- Personal makeup is typically not required and shouldn't be a consideration when getting ready. However, darker lipsticks and false eyelashes will be visible if you choose to include them as part of your preparations.
- So that you're not asked to be nude when you're not being photographed, you may be more comfortable if you bring a robe or other covering.
- I recommend that you use moisturizer immediately before our portrait session. Having a manicure a few days before the session is also highly recommended as your hands may be featured in my photography.
- Try to get a good night's sleep before your photo session and avoid alcohol. You'd be amazed how easily bags under your eyes can detract from your photos! You should also avoid stress during your photo session. Since my goal is to make sure you look natural, bring things that help you relax. I'll even play your favorite kind of music via Pandora! Also avoid stressors like your ringing cell phone or arriving late to your photo session after a long drive.
Copyright © 2017. Duplication of this actively monitored content is strictly prohibited and aggressively pursued. Los Angeles Photographer Rob Greer, 1439 Las Lunas St, Pasadena, CA 91106 - (626) 523-3123 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Privacy