Portrait & Headshot Retouching
Selected photographs include images that reflect my best quality of work and represent the most important portraits. I deliver authentic portraits and headshots.
Rejected images may include duplicate or near-duplicate photographs, unflattering images, closed-eye photos, out-of-focus photos, images that reflect negatively on individuals, or photographs that don't meet my minimum standard of quality.
Corrections include adjusting the color, modifying the exposure, adjusting contrast, and cropping images. This kind of correction provides you with great-looking images.
If you need more from your photography, then you might also consider moving forward with retouching. All photographs that I deliver include a basic correction. On request, I'm happy to provide a duplicate set of globally adjusted black and white photos.
The sections below detail common considerations that are typically employed when retouching most portrait photography.
These descriptions are provided for informational purposes only and shouldn't be considered a guarantee of service. Not all of these adjustments are applied to every photograph.
- Highlight details are recovered. Examples include a white shirt or shiny patch of skin.
- Overly bright areas of the image are darkened to make them consistent with the rest of image. Examples might include bright flowers or leaves that are not central to the subject in the photograph.
- Shadow details are enhanced. Examples include dark clothing and background objects.
- Overall image color is fine-tuned for optimal accuracy.
- Conversion to black & white or other tones.
- Distracting objects behind a subject's head are removed. Examples include poles, wires, and tree branches in outdoor portrait photography.
- Sensor dust spots are removed.
- Skin blemishes are lightened or removed. This includes small moles, pimples, dry skin flakes, sun damage, minor scarring, discoloration, large pores, and small groups of freckles.
- Prominent birthmarks, scars, or moles are not removed or reduced in prominence.
- Unintentional shine or highlights on nose, cheek, and forehead areas are reduced or removed.
- Wrinkles are lightened but are not removed. Wrinkle retouching is typically more aggressive on photographs of female subjects.
- Bags under the eyes are lightened.
- Prominent veins are lightened.
- Nostrils and lips are selectively sharpened.
- Eyelashes and pupils are selectively sharpened.
- Iris color and contrast are enhanced.
- Eyes are whitened and brightened.
- Prominent blood vessels are lightened or removed.
- Scalp areas visible at the hair part are darkened.
- Scalp areas slightly visible due to male pattern baldness are darkened.
- Errant nose, ear, or facial hairs are removed.
- Minor flyway hairs are removed.
- Discolored teeth are whitened.
- Damaged cuticles are repaired in extreme closeups featuring hands.
(Additional Fees Apply)
- adjusting the size or shape of eyes, noses, lips, cheeks, and ears
- lightening or darkening skin color
- changing eye or hair color
- reshaping eyebrows, moustaches, or beards
- reduction or removal of facial hair stubble due to typical growth between shaves
- digital hair replacement due to male pattern baldness or alopecia
- removing individuals from photographs
- adding individuals to photographs
- revising apparel problems due to a wardrobe malfunction
- major reconstruction or removal of hair
- significant restructuring of a body shape
- skin smoothing
- adding digital makeup
- removing cellulite
- clipping subjects and/or background replacement