- 20+ years of product management, consulting, leadership, team building, and entrepreneurial experience in architecting, marketing, and supporting web-based initiatives using agile software development and waterfall methodologies across the software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Demonstrated success in using analytical methods to collaborate and communicate new ideas, evaluate trends, and execute technical product methodologies while defining value goals based on rapidly changing expectations through knowledge, leadership, influence, strategy, communication, and professionalism.
Good Gallery LLC
Managing Director. Katy, TX. November 2011 – Present.
- Launched a profitable bootstrap SaaS company delivering innovative desktop and mobile platforms to photographers using an in-house content management system developed remotely and hosted on AWS.
- Spearhead the product roadmap and manage the program backlog. Also define features, create epics, write user stories, and set acceptance criteria to support bi-monthly sprints in support of incremental releases using weighted shortest job first (WSJF) while leading a 4-person full-stack development team.
- Use extensive tactical and strategic SEM and search trend knowledge to build features targeted to help customers achieve optimal on-page + off-page + technical SEO with a keen focus on content creation, local search, keyword research, and image search. Our customers rank organically in all major markets.
Senior Product Manager. City of Industry, CA. March 2001 – December 2014
- Invented eSembler, the first web-based grade book and attendance software in K-12 education. This SaaS application was used by millions of teachers, parents, and students in school districts across America.
- Led a team of 12 full-stack ASP.NET / SQL Server / MVC developers delivering a remotely hosted application while personally managing client expectations during every implementation and integration.
- Served in marketing, business development, and sales engineer roles while collaborating with a sister-company’s sales team pursuing joint projects.
BrightStar Information Technology Group, Inc.
Managing Director, eCommerce. Pleasanton, CA. May 1997 – February 2001
- Defined, coordinated, and implemented web-based applications, ecommerce solutions, and websites for small companies and large organizations like Walmart, Dillards, Conoco, Schlumberger, and NASA.
- Increased practice profitability for this publicly traded company by helping triple revenue growth in a single year. Exceeded quotas in all measurable areas including expanding and improving staff billable hours.
- Led project managers, business analysts, graphic designers, programmers, consultants, and contractors across 5 remote offices with cross-functional teams focusing on collaborative relationships.
Einstein Digital Media
Co-Founder. Lafayette, LA. July 1996 – May 1997
- Developed, managed, and ultimately sold a profitable web design firm noted for ecommerce storefronts and web-based application development. Maintained profitability from inception.
- Worked with technology, marketing, and merchandising as a hands-on customer project manager to define functionality and provide the business and technology strategy necessary to meet aggressive deadlines.
Co-Founder. Lafayette, LA. February 1995 – June 1997
- Envisioned, designed, launched, developed, and ultimately sold a leading online business that remains the largest and most well-known online vendor of golf balls and golf-related custom logo merchandise.
- Developed and executed a marketing plan for a speculative bootstrap business model during the early days of ecommerce facilitated by identifying growth opportunities and realizing unprecedented sales and profits.
USI MicroAge Computers
Manager, Web Design Services. Lafayette, LA. December 1994 - June 1996
Managed an early-entry website development solution center. Many websites gained international recognition and awards from then prestigious website directories and print publications.
United States Marine Corps Reserve
Corporal / Squad Leader. July 1987 - July 1993
- Armed Forces Service Medal Veteran who served in Persian Gulf combat operations during Desert Shield / Desert Storm.
- Awarded Combat Action Ribbon, Joint Meritorious Unit Award, Navy Unit Commendation, Meritorious Unit Commendation Ribbon (twice), Selected Marine Corps Reserve Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Southwest Asia Service Medal (four times), Humanitarian Service Medal, Sea Service Deployment Ribbon, Saudi Arabia's Liberation of Kuwait Medal, and the Kuwait Liberation of Kuwait Medal.
Ph.D. coursework in English. University of Louisiana at Lafayette. Emphasis in Technical Writing.
M.A. in English. Northwestern State University. Emphasis in Technical Writing. 1994.
B.A. in English. Northwestern State University. Emphasis in Composition and Rhetoric. 1992.